How to configure an email account in FoxMail
This tutorial assumes you've already created your new email account in your web hosting account..... typically through your hosting control panel.
Now let's learn how to setup that new email account in FoxMail, so you'll be able to send/receive emails to/from that new email account from here.
1) Start by clicking the Account link here. Then click New...
2) The FoxMail Account Wizard opens. Click Next.
3) Enter a User Name here; this can be anything you want, as it merely identifies this as a new account in FoxMail..... it is not the username required to login to email. Then click Next.
4) Enter the Sender's Name as you would like it to appear in the From field of outgoing emails here.
5) Then enter your new email address here. Click Next.
Now you have to enter your Incoming (POP3) and Outgoing (SMTP) server names. These server names will have been provided to you in your welcome email, and often times are simply mail.yourdomain.com.
6) Enter your Incoming POP3 Server setting here.
7) Now enter the Account Username as provided to you by your hosting provider..... this may be the entire email address (
), or just the username prefix (john)..... you should check with your provider to be sure.
8) Then enter your Password here.
9) Enter your Outgoing SMTP Server setting here. Then click Next.
10) Click the SMTP Authentication box. Click Finish.
SMTP authentication means that FoxMail will login to your mail server even when sending emails (not just receiving), ensuring that you are the only one that can send emails from your account.
That's it! We've successfully setup an email account, and can now start sending and receiving emails to and from that account, fromFoxMail.
This is the end of the tutorial. You now know how to setup an email account in FoxMail. Remember that you also have to create that email address in your hosting account before it will work.