How to configure an email account in Opera
This tutorial assumes you've already created your new email account in your web hosting account..... typically through your hosting control panel.
Now let's learn how to setup that new email account in Opera, so you'll be able to send/receive emails to/from that new email account from here.
1) Start by clicking the Tools link here. Then click Mail and chat accounts...
2) Click Yes to create a new email account.
3) Click the Regular e-mail (POP) link here, then click Next.
4) Enter the Real Name as you would like it to appear in the From field of outgoing emails here.
5) Enter the new email address here.
6) Enter your Organization name here. Then click Next.
7) Now enter the Login name as provided to you by your hosting provider..... this may be the entire email address (
), or just the username prefix (john)..... you should check with your provider to be sure.
8) Then enter your email password here. Click Next.
9) Now you have to enter your Incoming (POP3) and Outgoing (SMTP) server names. These server names will have been provided to you in your welcome email, and often times are simply mail.yourdomain.com. They were automatically inserted into their fields correctly, so we do not have to alter them.
10) Un-check this box if you do not want your messages left on your hosting server after you download them. Click Finish to exit the Account Wizard.
The email account has been setup..... but there's one more step.....
11) Click the Tools link here. Then click Mail and chat accounts.
12) Select the account we just setup, then click Edit.
13) Click the Servers tab here.
14) Make sure the Outgoing SMTP Server Authentication setting is set to Auto.
SMTP authentication means that Opera will login to your mail server even when sending emails (not just receiving), ensuring that you are the only one that can send emails from your account.
15) Most SMTP servers use the same username and password as the incoming (POP3) servers, so enter them again here.
16) Click OK when finished.
17) Then click Close.
That's it! We've successfully setup an email account, and can now start sending and receiving emails to and from that account, fromOpera.
This is the end of the tutorial. You now know how to setup an email account in Opera. Remember that you also have to create that email address in your hosting account before it will work.