Website Remote IIS Management
This video will show you how to -
- Configure your website for Remote IIS connection
- Mange your website locally from Desktop using IIS Manager
Internet Information Services (IIS) 7 Manager for Remote Administration provides end users and administrators with the ability to securely manage remote IIS 7 servers from Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003. A Web server administrator can perform almost all IIS 7 administrative tasks while site owners and developers that have been delegated administrative privileges can use IIS 7 Manager for Remote Administration to make allowed changes to the remote Web server. IIS 7 Manager offers the same user interface available on Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 to ensure a more consistent experience when managing and configuring the Web server.
Remote IIS Admin features
- Remotely manages IIS 7 from Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003
- Connects directly to a Web server, Web site, or Web application
- Installs even when you don't have IIS 7.0 on the local machine
- Allows multiple simultaneous connections
- Supports delegated administration to Web sites and Web applications so owners can connect to and manage their own site directly
- Familiar and easy to use administration tool
- Supports HTTP over SSL for more secure management
- Automatically downloads features to the local IIS Manager for Remote Administration console to match features newly installed on the remote Web server.
You will be able to download IIS remote admin pack here http://www.iis.net/downloads/microsoft/iis-manager